Get live news and analysis Friday at 5 p.m. when the Warriors close out a road trip with a game against the Timberwolves in Minnesota for the second time in 10 days.The Warriors (51-23) come into Friday’s game with a one-game lead over Denver in the race for the Western Conference’s top seed.Golden State, which beat Memphis 118-103 on Wednesday in the first of its two games on the road, is also looking for a four-game season sweep of the Timberwolves (33-41).Stephen Curry scored 36 …
Turbocharge your next project with this free After Effects template! It’s fully-loaded with automotive HUD elements, sound effects, and icons.If you’ve ever created HUD elements in After Effects, then you probably know how much effort it takes to create a well-designed animation with good timing. Well, we’ve found a quick template that can help you reach the finish line faster on your next project.This free After Effects template from RocketStock (appropriately titled ‘Engaged’) features sixteen unique elements designed to simulate various gauges found on cars and motorcycles. There are three different looks, all of which can all be animated, colored, and renamed to your liking. In addition to the individual elements, there are nine high-octane sound effects and five dashboard icons.RocketStock has also designed an awesome demo video to showcase the many ways it’s possible to use the elements. An interesting takeaway from the video is how well lens flares seem to blend with the car elements. Check it out:Pretty cool, huh? Some of the slickest parts of the demo video are the macro shots of each individual gauge. Luckily for us, the template actually includes two compositions with details about how they were able to simulate realism with 2D elements. (Hint: It’s a combination of depth of field and reflections)How to DownloadIf you want to download this free After Effects template, simply navigate to the corresponding blog post over at RocketStock and click the ‘download’ button.Want even more free After Effects templates? Check out a few of the following resources:10 Free After Effects Templates: Typography – PremiumBeatFree After Effects Template: Circle Bursts – RocketStockFree After Effects Templates: Title and Logo Effects – PremiumBeatDid this free After Effects template crank your engines? How are you going to use it in your next project? Let us know in the comments.
View comments Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA MOST READ Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 ONE: Askren retires undefeated, destroys Aoki in 57 seconds LATEST STORIES Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Read Next QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Peru’s players celebrate after a play-off qualifying match for the 2018 Russian World Cup against New Zealand in Lima, Peru, Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017. Peru beat New Zealand 2-0 to win a two-leg playoff and earn the 32nd and last spot in the World Cup field in Russia. APZURICH — FIFA has reminded the Peruvian soccer federation of rules prohibiting interference by national governments, one week after the South American country qualified for its first World Cup since 1982.FIFA says the letter reacts to the “current draft of the Peruvian Sports Law” presented to a congressional committee last month. FIFA says the proposed text to lawmakers includes “certain items that, if implemented, would contravene the FIFA Statutes.”ADVERTISEMENT In serious cases, FIFA can suspend a country’s national and club teams, plus officials, from international competitions and meetings.Peruvian officials are due in Moscow next week for the World Cup draw.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutPeru is not likely to be facing any action, but FIFA has promised to “continue to monitor the situation.” Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice
Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Unbeaten Mighty-PH gains QF Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Reigning Thai League champion Buriram United has three Filipino internationals—defender Stephan Palla, Javier Patiño and Luke Woodland.The three were part of the Azkals’ squad that competed in the AFC Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates last month.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesAnother Asian Cup veteran, goalkeeper Michael Falkesgaard, starts his second season with Bangkok United, which he helped to an AFC Champions League last year.The others are former Ceres-Negros star Manny Ott and Amin Nazari (Ratchaburi Mitr Pohl), Iain Ramsay (Sukhothai), Marco Casambre (Chainat Horbill) and Mark Hartmann (Suphanburi). A record number of Filipino players are seeing action in the Thai League 1 this season, including several national team members signing with clubs vying in what is widely considered as Southeast Asia’s top football league.With the Thai league expanding its quota for Southeast Asian players from one to three for each squad, the Philippines will have nine players in the competition that starts on the third week of February.ADVERTISEMENT PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ LATEST STORIES View comments
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea hero Hasselbaink: Abraham should target Kane’s England placeby Paul Vegas21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea hero Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink says Tammy Abraham should push to replace Tottenham ace Harry Kane as England’s No9.The in-form 22-year-old, who has scored seven goals in seven games for Frank Lampard’s side, was named in the England squad on Thursday for the European Qualifiers against Czech Republic and Bulgaria.”As a young boy when you dream of being a footballer you want to play at the highest level and the highest level is England,” Hasselbaink told Sky Sports News.”He has been called up. He is going to get the chance and he has to compare himself with the best [striker] and that is Kane at the moment.”He has to try to get Kane’s position. It is not easy but that is going to be the next step. He has been invited for the England national squad. Now can you make that place yours?”The only way is to do well for Chelsea, keep on scoring and when you go with England show that you can do it on that level as well.”
NEW YORK, N.Y. – T-Mobile and Sprint reached a $26.5 billion merger agreement Sunday that would reduce the U.S. wireless industry to three major players — that is, if the Trump administration’s antitrust regulators let the deal go through.The nation’s third- and fourth-largest wireless companies have been considering a combination for years, one that would bulk them up to a similar size as industry giants Verizon and AT&T. But a 2014 attempt fell apart amid resistance from the Obama administration.The combined company, to be called T-Mobile, would have about 127 million customers. Consumers worry a less crowded telecom field could result in higher prices, while unions are concerned about potential job losses.In a conference call with Wall Street analysts, Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure acknowledged that getting regulatory approval is “the elephant in the room,” and one of the first things the companies did after sending out the deal’s news release was to call Ajit Pai, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.The companies stressed that they plan to have more employees following the combination, particularly in rural areas, than they do as stand-alone companies now.They also emphasized that the deal would help accelerate their development of faster 5G wireless networks and ensure that the U.S. doesn’t cede leadership on the technology to China.And they said the combination would allow them to better compete not only with AT&T and Verizon but also with Comcast and others as the wireless, broadband and video industries converge.“This isn’t a case of going from 4 to 3 wireless companies — there are now at least 7 or 8 big competitors in this converging market,” T-Mobile chief executive John Legere said in a statement. He would be the CEO of the combined company.The all-stock deal values each share of Sprint at slightly more than 0.10 T-Mobile shares. Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile’s parent, would own about 42 per cent of the combined company. Japan’s SoftBank, which controls Sprint, would own 27 per cent, and the remainder would be held by the public.The companies said they expect the deal to close by the first half of 2019 and would result in about $6 billion in annual cost savings.Investors have been anticipating a deal like this for some time. In addition to the thwarted attempt three years ago, the two companies were poised to combine in October, but the deal was called off after what analysts said was a disagreement over control of the combined company.The deal will have to be reviewed by the Justice Department and the FCC.National carriers had not been able to get a deal through under President Barack Obama. But the FCC in September deemed the wireless market “competitive” for the first time since 2009, which some analysts say could make it easier to present a deal.The 5G aspirations are at the heart of the agreement, and the new technology could allow companies to provide faster service to people’s homes.Sprint’s Claure likened going from 4G to 5G to switching from black-and-white television to colour. The combined company plans to invest up to $40 billion in its network in the first three years, which executives said would drive more hiring and better service for customers.Sprint has a lot of debt and has posted a string of annual losses. It has cut costs and made itself more attractive to customers, BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk said, but hasn’t invested enough in its network and doesn’t have enough airwave rights for quality service in rural areas.T-Mobile, meanwhile, has been on a yearslong streak of adding customers. After the government nixed AT&T’s attempt to buy the company in 2011, T-Mobile led the way in many consumer-friendly changes, such as ditching two-year contracts and bringing back unlimited data plans.Consumers are paying less for cellphone service thanks to T-Mobile’s influence on the industry and the resulting price wars.Verizon and AT&T have been expanding their video-content businesses, while cable companies have been moving into wireless. That allows a single company to combine home and wireless internet and use content to support the communications businesses.Comcast, the cable giant that finished buying NBCUniversal in 2013, offers customers wireless service by reselling access to Verizon’s network. So does another dominant cable company, Charter.
DETROIT – General Motors is moving its Cadillac brand headquarters from New York back to Michigan, four years after heading to the big city to become more cosmopolitan.The move to the Detroit suburb of Warren, Michigan, across the street from GM’s giant technical centre, will take place in April.The company said Wednesday the brand’s workers need to be closer to engineers and designers because Cadillac plans to launch a new vehicle every six months for the next three years.The move comes five months after GM ousted Cadillac brand chief Johan de Nysschen, who thought a New York headquarters would give the brand more sophistication when Cadillac moved to New York in 2014. Cadillac sales fell 8 per cent last year but were up 5.4 per cent during the first half of 2018. GM replaced de Nysschen with Steve Carlisle, who ran GM’s Canadian operations.Spokesman Patrick Morrissey said GM learned a lot about the brand in New York, but circumstances changed since 2014 with Cadillac being part of GM’s technology and electric vehicle push. About 70 per cent of the workers in New York were recruited from the city, bringing GM new talent, Morrissey said.All 110 workers at the headquarters in the Manhattan’s SoHo district will be offered jobs in Michigan.De Nysschen was hired away from Nissan’s Infiniti luxury brand with much promise and named president of Cadillac in August of 2014. A few months later he moved the brand’s headquarters from Detroit to New York.New York’s economic development agency approved a $1 million grant to Cadillac to help with the $12.7 million renovation of the Manhattan headquarters.Morrissey said GM did not draw down any of the incentive funds “but we are thankful and appreciative of the support we got from New York.”Jason Conwall, spokesman for Empire State Development, New York state’s main economic development office, said the state is disappointed in the move, but understands “this is a business decision being made by GM to co-locate the Cadillac headquarters with the rest of its corporate headquarters.”He confirmed that the state did not disperse any of the $1 million performance grant to GM.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The fundraising ball for a local 4-year-old with neuroblastoma is happening this weekend, and Wednesday is the final day to pick up tickets to the dinner portion of the event.The Happily Ever After Ball was originally scheduled for August 25th but had to be pushed back to October 6th since Natalie Small would not have been able to attend. The 4-year-old has been battling Stage 4 neuroblastoma since last December, and had a bone marrow transplant too close to the August date.Event co-organizer Kate Hadland said that tickets for the dance portion of the Ball, which starts at 8:00 p.m. Saturday, will be available up to and including the evening of the event for $40. Tickets for the dinner are only available until the end of the day Wednesday from Tenacious Detail on 100th Ave. Those tickets are $65 for adults, $25 for kids aged 6-10, while kids 5 and under get in free.With more time to organize the event, Hadland said in August that the event will feature more auctions and prizes, as well as live music.Organizers Hadland and Janna Gerber have also created a foundation inspired by the Smalls. The Happily Ever After Foundation was designed to help families in the Peace Region when the unexpected happens, with the Foundation’s first fundraiser going towards helping Natalie and her family.For more information on the ball, foundation and how to purchase tickets contact Kate Hadland at (250) 263-4988 or Janna Gerber at (250) 264-7864, or message the Tenacious Detail Facebook page.
New Delhi: Lenders of Jet Airways Wednesday extended the deadline for submission of initial bids for stake purchase in the ailing airline to April 12. Cash-strapped Jet Airways has delayed salaries to pilots, defaulted on loan repayments as well as payments to aircraft lessors. SBI Capital Markets, which issued Expression of Interest (EoI) document on April 8, has extended the deadline for submission of initial bids to April 12. Potential bidders can send their queries till April 11. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalThe deadline for submission of bids was to end on Wednesday. “The qualified bidders will be expected to submit their respective binding bid(s) latest by April 30, 2019 subject to the terms set out under the bid document,” SBI Capital Markets said in a notice posted on its website. The SBI-led consortium of domestic lenders are implementing a debt resolution plan for Jet Airways, whose board approved the plan last month. “While all soft copies of the EoIs are required to submitted by the EoI due date, the hard copies may be submitted by April 16, 2019,” the notice said. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostEarlier in the day, SBI Capital Markets issued a set of clarifications related to the EoI document, including that bidders in a consortium need to furnish solvency certificates individually. “Bidders are required to provide the solvency certificate … on their letterhead and certified by managing director/ full time director / CEO of the bidder or a person holding an equivalent position in the bidder,” SBI Capital Markets said in a separate notice. In the case of consortium, each member has to submit solvency certificate, which is a proof of an entity’s financial stability. As part of the debt resolution plan for the full service carrier, the lenders are looking to restructure “existing facilities and infusion of funds by way of loans or acquisition/ subscription of up to 75 per cent of equity share capital of the company”. Shares of Jet Airways declined 1.59 per cent to close at Rs 263.40 apiece on the BSE.
Polish broadcaster TVN’s pay TV platform ‘n’ added 32,000 subscribers in the last quarter and 119,000 in the year to September taking its total to 858,000. TVN said it was on target to achieve 900,000 subscribers by the end of the year.Revenue for ‘n’ for the quarter was up 16% to PLN185 million (€42 million), while EBITDA was down 35% to PLN5 million thanks to increased marketing activity. Quarterly ARPU for ‘n’ stood at PLN61.40, up 2% year-on-year. TVN confirmed its EBITDA for the platform for the year.‘n’ activated 15,000 pre-paid cards in the third quarter, driven by uptake of the HD offering, and pre-paid HD ARPU stood at PLN22.80.