June 7, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Receive email alerts News News Organisation News WhatsApp blocks accounts of at least seven Gaza Strip journalists June 3, 2021 Find out more MANDEL NGAN / AFP Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is alarmed to learn of a journalist’s arrest last night in West Virginia after attempting to ask United States Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price a question. United StatesAmericas Condemning abuses Judicial harassment to go further Facebook’s Oversight Board is just a stopgap, regulation urgently needed, RSF says Dan Heyman, a reporter for Public News Service, was walking behind Secretary Price at West Virginia’s state capitol last night, attempting to ask him a question about pre-existing conditions in the healthcare legislation recently adopted by the US House of Representatives. Special counsel to the president Kellyanne Conway was also with Secretary Price at the capitol.Shortly thereafter, Heyman was arrested and jailed for willful disruption of state government processes. He was later released on bail.”RSF is very concerned to learn of the arrest of a journalist who appears to have simply been doing his job asking a public official a question, says Margaux Ewen, Advocacy and Communications Director for RSF’s North America office. This is not the kind of incident that should be occurring in a country that respects the role of a free press, and certainly not in the country of the First Amendment.”This is not the first time that journalists have been arrested for doing their job in the US in recent months. In January, at least 5 journalists were arrested while covering inauguration day protests, with one of the five still facing criminal charges to this day. At least 10 journalists have been arrested for their coverage of the North Dakota Access Pipeline and the surrounding protests since last fall. In 2016, at least three journalists were arrested and charged with “obstruction of a highway” while covering #blacklivesmatter protests in Louisiana. The US ranks 43 out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2017 World Press Freedom Index, after falling 2 places in 2016. Image credit: MANDEL NGAN / AFP April 28, 2021 Find out more News RSF_en United StatesAmericas Condemning abuses Judicial harassment Follow the news on United States NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say May 10, 2017 – Updated on May 15, 2017 US – RSF alarmed by arrest of West Virginia journalist after asking Health Secretary a question
Google+ Court told man with pornographic child images had been a victim of Michael Ferry News Facebook Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Google+ WhatsApp Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA A convicted sex offender with over 90 pornographic child images was a former school head boy, a court was told yesterday.But the 44-year-old was also a child victim of notorious sex predator Michael Ferry who is serving 14 years in jail.Defence solicitor Jacqui Sharkey said Neil McBride was abused by Ferry from aged 13 to17 and became a chronic alcoholic and his life spiralled out of control.McBride was before Dungloe District Court for sentence after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to having 43 child pornography images on his Dell lap-top computer.He also admitted having a further 51 images of children under 17 years of age who were either fully or partially clothed.Unemployed McBride, originally from Gweedore, but with an address at Fontwell Apartments, Letterkenny, pleaded guilty to possession of the child pornography images on his laptop in August 2011.Ms Sharkey revealed publicly for the first time that McBride was abused by Ferry, a former school caretaker in Gweedore who is serving time for sex offences against a number of schoolboys.She said that as a result of the abuse inflicted by Ferry on McBride he failed his Leaving certificate.Judge Kelly said he accepted McBride “suffered enormously” from what happened to him when he was younger but he had to accept responsibility for very serious offences.The judge adjourned the case to March 10 for a Probation report and assessment of McBride’s suitability for community service. Renewed calls for full-time Garda in Kilmacrennan Previous articleLetterkenny take away owner left shaken after being held at knife pointNext articleSchool Closures & Cancellations North West News Highland Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Pinterest Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter WhatsApp Twitter Publicans in Republic watching closely as North reopens further Pinterest By News Highland – January 14, 2015
Lily Cole & Simon Bird(Photo: Shaun Webb) View Comments Oscar and Tony winner Christopher Hampton’s The Philanthropist is set to play a limited engagement at London’s Trafalgar Studios. British star Simon Callow will direct a cast that includes Lily Cole (Snow White and The Huntsman on screen; The Last Days of Troy on stage) as the seductive Araminta and Simon Bird (The Inbetweeners) as Philip, the titular character. Performances will begin on April 3; the revival is set to run through July 22.The cast will also include Matt Berry (Toast of London) as Braham, Charlotte Ritchie (Call the Midwife) as Celia and Tom Rosenthal (Friday Night Dinner) as Donald.Lily Cole’s additional screen credits include St Trinian’s and Ab Fab: The Movie. Simon Bird is best known for his star-making turn in the BAFTA-winning The Inbetweeners.The Philanthropist has been delighting audiences since its premiere at the Royal Court in 1970. An inversion of Molière’s The Misanthrope, the play is set in a fictitious English University town and follows 24 hours in the lives of a group of young academics. The action unfolds in the rooms of Philip (Bird), the university’s floundering professor of philology. When Philip hosts a dinner party, joined by his stylish and perceptive fiancée Celia (Ritchie), his worldlier best friend Donald (Rosenthal), the seductive Araminta (Cole) and the wealthy and egomaniacal novelist Braham (Berry), the evening sets off a chain of events which puncture the rarefied and cerebral world they inhabit.Additional casting and creative team will be announced at a later date.
At the last count, Nelson has made 13 appearances for the Gunners this campaign and has continued to progress under new boss Mikel Arteta. Loading… Promoted Content10 Legendary Historical Movies You Should See9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyThe Best Cars Of All TimeEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid ArmageddonLaugh, Cry, Or Just Relax With The Best Series Streaming On HBO11 Items You’ve Been Using Wrong Your Whole LifeThe World’s 7 Most Spectacular Railway StationsFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtNothing Compares To Stargazing Places Around The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better Ex-Arsenal manager Unai Emery reportedly opted to get rid of Super Eagles forward Alex Iwobi ahead of starlet Reiss Nelson last summer.Advertisement Iwobi joined Everton in a £35million deal on deadline day last August and that switch came about after the Spanish manager was keen on keeping the 20-year-old Nelson, according to The Athletic.Premier League campaigners Crystal Palace were reportedly eager to land Nelson for £20m during the summer transfer window.Nelson has featured in Arsenal’s last five games and netted the winning goal in their FA Cup third-round victory over Leeds on Monday night.The winger’s other goal for the Gunners this term came in Arsenal’s Carabao Cup 5-0 win over Nottingham Forest.Unai Emery (R) reportedly stopped Arsenal from selling starlet Reiss Nelson (L) last summerRead Also: CAF awards: Eagles stars missing from Africa’s best XIOn the other hand, Iwobi is currently recuperating from a hamstring injury he cropped during Everton’s 0-0 draw with his former club Arsenal late last year. The Nigerian international is expected to be sidelined for about ‘two to three weeks.’Iwobi has netted just twice from 20 appearances across all competitions since leaving the Emirates Stadium last summer.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
David Moyes insists his Manchester United recruitment drive remains on track despite missing out on Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara. United had been heavily linked with the Spain Under-21 star, who seemed certain to join the Red Devils after deciding he needed to leave the Nou Camp in order to further his World Cup ambitions. Instead, Thiago’s former boss Pep Guardiola has stepped in, with the player now looking certain to join Bayern Munich. Despite the disappointment, Moyes remains resolute in his squad-building strategy. “I never said at any time he was,” said Moyes, when asked if the Spain Under-21 star remained a target. “There are people we are actively chasing and we are happy with the way things are going.” It does appear Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay has agreed to join United though, with reports claiming a transfer is imminent, although there has been no official word from either club. Moyes has his first match to focus on, against Singha All Stars on Saturday, although the subject of a departed player, Wayne Rooney, remains high on the agenda, much to the Scot’s frustration. Rooney may be back home in England, his pre-season tour ended after less than 24 hours with a grade one hamstring tear that will keep him on the sidelines for up to three weeks, but the questions about his future keep on coming. In the latest instance the trigger was a comment from Jose Mourinho, who landed in Bangkok on Friday and took even less time than Rooney was in the country to make his presence felt. Whilst, declared Jose, it was not proper to talk about the player of another club, neither was he prepared to stay silent. “You know me,” said Mourinho. “It is not in my character to speak to you with a little bit of hypocrisy. I always say what I think and, being fast and direct, I like him very much.” Moyes was weary of repeating himself over Rooney. “Unless I was speaking double Dutch, I have said ‘Wayne Rooney is not for sale’,” he said. “I have really covered all the things on Wayne.” Press Association