Olimpic and Željo on Saturday on TV, Sarajevo vs. Zvijezda on Sunday

first_imgThe new season of BH Telecom Premier League of B&H starts this Saturday.It begins with some very interesting matches like the one to be held at Otoka where Olimpic and Željezničar will play at 17:00 o’clock. Match will be shown at BHT. The arbiter is Ilija Živković from Orašje.5 matches are scheduled for the same day, starting with 17:30 o’clock, while Sarajevo – Zvijezda and Široki  Brijeg – Radnik will play on Sunday. (Source: Sport Centar)last_img

PSG get tough with Neymar after pre-season no-show

first_imgAfter they club said it would take action, PSG’s newly installed Brazilian sporting director Leonardo told Le Parisien newspaper that “Neymar can leave PSG if there is an offer that suits everybody.”Sports daily L’Equipe’s headline was: “With Leo (Leonardo), there’s no longer any joking around.”Barcelona, currently embroiled in efforts to sign Antoine Griezmann, have yet to publicly express an interest in Neymar.Barca’s vice-president Jordi Cardoner said last week: “What is correct, at the current time, what I have read, what I have heard, which seems exact, is that Neymar wants to come back to Barcelona.”Spanish sports newspaper Diario Sport claims a five-year contract has been agreed with Neymar agreeing to a cut in salary from around 36 million euros a year at PSG to the 24 million euros he received at Barca in 2017.In four years at Barcelona, the 27-year-old won the Champions League in 2015 and two La Liga titles, forming a brilliant attacking trio with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.Any return for Neymar would likely require Barca to raise funds through sales. Frenkie de Jong has already signed for 75 million euros from Ajax. Griezmann is expected to join from Atletico Madrid for 120 million euros, although that deal has hit snags.On Sunday, Griezmann failed to show up for pre-season at Atletico and the Spanish club, like PSG, threatened to punish their star striker.Neymar’s time at PSG has been punctuated by injury and controversy.He was questioned by Brazilian police last month over allegations he raped a woman he met through social media in a Paris hotel. He has denied the accusations and his father says it was a blackmail attempt.Neymar will miss three Champions League matches next season as punishment for insulting a referee following Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League collapse against Manchester United.Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has warned Neymar and his other highly-paid stars that they must shape-up or ship out, claiming “celebrity behaviour” at the French champions will not be tolerated.“The players will have to assume their responsibilities even more than before,” Al-Khelaifi told France Football.Share on: WhatsApp FILE PHOTO: NeymarParis, France | AFP | French club Paris Saint-Germain said they would take “appropriate action” after Neymar failed to show up for pre-season training with the French champions.Neymar, the world’s most expensive player after moving to PSG for 222 million euros ($252 million) two years ago, had watched his country win the Copa America in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday night.But when PSG players including France World Cup-winning striker Kylian Mbappe reported back for training and pre-season medical checks in the French capital on Monday, Neymar was nowhere to be seen.PSG said in a statement: “On Monday 8 July Neymar da Silva Santos Junior was due to return to pre-season activities with the Paris Saint-Germain senior squad.“Paris Saint-Germain notes that Neymar Jr was not in attendance at the agreed time and place. This was without the club’s prior authorisation.“The club regrets this situation and will therefore take appropriate action.”Brazilian media quoted Neymar’s father as saying that PSG “were aware” the striker would be unable to return to the club for another week.“The reason was known and planned for a year as part of his activities for the Neymar Institute (charity foundation),” said Neymar Senior.He added: “We couldn’t postpone them and he will return (to PSG) on July 15.“It’s as simple as that, no drama. PSG are aware and take part in the Institute’s activities.”Neymar is undergoing treatment on the torn ankle ligaments that ruled him out of the Copa America.– Lack of tolerance –His absence is likely to fuel rumours that he could make a surprise move back to Barcelona, the club he left to join PSG, this summer.French media noted that what was striking was PSG’s lack of tolerance of Neymar’s behaviour.last_img read more

Florida man arrested after showing young girl porn

first_imgA 63-year-old from Tequesta, Florida has been arrested after he allegedly showed pornographic images to a minor.John Costa was taken into custody earlier this week after a months long investigation into the allegations.According to the minor, she went with Costa to a gas station in February to purchase lottery tickets. The victim says that at some point, Costa then asked her to sit in the front seat, which was uncommon. Costa then pulled out a pornographic magazine and showed her the photos and asked if she liked boys and if she liked what she saw.  The victim told police that Costa told her that “there’s nothing to feel uncomfortable about,” though she did feel uncomfortable. The victim says she asked Costa to take her home but instead he just kept driving around the neighborhood showing her the magazine.Costa then reportedly told the victim that she could not tell anyone and then gave her scratch-off lottery tickets to keep.Later, Costa then reportedly sent text messages to the victim’s iPad, where asked her not to tell her parents and sent her a photos of herself from when she was younger.Costa initially told detectives that he did not show the magazines to the minor before confessing that he only showed the images to her because she told him that she did not like boys.According to the report, authorities began investigating Costa in March after the young girl told someone in school about the incident and a teacher overhead it.The teacher then contacted the Department of Children and Families.Costa is now facing several charges including distributing obscene material to a minor.last_img read more

BAI selects office-bearers as CWG technical officials

first_imgThe Badminton Association of India (BAI) seems to have hit upon a novel way to keep some of its office-bearers in good humour, albeit at the cost of the Commonwealth Games (CWG).Why else would it pick 14 more technical officials (TOs) for the badminton events at the CWG when 132 TOs have already been chosen to officiate? What is startling is the fact that 12 out of the 14 TOs are either secretaries or presidents of various state units of the BAI and are simply masquerading as technical officials.While 13 of them are functionaries, Maqdoom Ahmed is an assistant at the Pullela Gopi Chand Academy in Hyderabad.At least three of them-SA Rawal, ST Desai and OD Sharma are above 70 years of age. It is really curious how a 70 year old is expected to officiate a match in which the shuttle travels at a speed of more than 200kmph.When asked, Punniah Choudhary, one of the three secretaries of the BAI, told Mail Today that these 14 technical officials were inducted as the number of teams participating in the CWG has increased.”The number of teams participating in the Games has gone up from 16 to 24. Therefore, we had to increase the sessions from three to four. As a result, we had to recruit 14 more TOs as it we could not have been managed with the existing lot,” he said.But when queried that out of the 14, not one has umpired a match either at the national or at the district level, Choudhary said that it did not matter much. “To the best of my knowledge, all these officials have a good knowledge of the game,” he said.advertisementBut a look at the BAI’s website tells a different story. Under the section of technical officials, the names of 12 technical officials are mentioned. And not one of the 14 chosen by the BAI figures in that list.Another interesting aspect is that two renowned technical officials – Devender Kaushal and Kishan Gopal, who were included in the initial list of technical officials – were dropped at the last minute.Speaking to Mail Today, Devender Kaushal said, “We even got our police verification done as we were asked to come to Delhi in July. We were all set to come when we (including Kishen) got a call that we were not required to come,” he said.Technical officials:List of BAI office- bearers selected as technical officials: SA Rawal, president, Gujarat Badminton Associaton; Sanjay Mishra, secretary, Chhattisgarh Association; ST Desai, secretary, Gujarat Associaton; OD Sharma, secretary, J& K Association, K Prabhakara Rao, secretary, Jharkhand Association; Anil K Choughule, secretary, Madhya Pradesh Association; Malsawmkima, secretary, Mizoram Association; KK Sharma, secretary, Rajasthan Association; BS Mankoti, secretary, Uttarakhand Association; Dilip Pinge, Air India; Manjit Singh, president, Haryana Association; Krishnanad Jaiswal, secretary, Bihar Association; K Lian Hming Thanga, secretary, Mizoram Association; Maqdoom Ahmed Andhra Pradesh.last_img read more